Gifts of Hope 2020
As many of you may know, NAMI Northern Illinois hosts an annual Gifts of Hope program each holiday season. We give to those that are living with mental illness and mental health challenges and every year we try to expand our reach. Though we will not be able to hold our potluck this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, the show will go on!
This year we are packaging 330+ stockings for individuals that are in the care of:
- Stepping Stones of Rockford Inc.
- Rosecrance CILA houses
- Rosecrance Mulberry Center
- Shelter Care Ministries’ Jubilee Center
- SwedishAmerican Hospital Behavioral Health Unit
We will also be filling large baskets full of needed items for:
Please reach out to us if any of our lovely friends and followers would be interested in donating the following (NEW/UNOPENED):
- Hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, body wash, hand sanitizer, toothbrushes, etc)
- Winter items (hats, gloves, socks, hand warmers, chapstick, tissues, etc)
- Baby items (diapers, formula, wipes, etc)
- Snacks or candy
- Therapeutic items (adult coloring books, colored pencils, fidgets, journals, etc)
- $5-$10 gift cards to fast food restaurants
- $25 gift cards to grocery stores
- Handwritten, heartfelt cards
We have created an Amazon list to give you ideas and make it easy for you to shop: https://a.co/hjaUdCN
We are very excited and are expecting to reach over 500 people this year.