NAMI Northern Illinois in Response to COVID-19
NAMI Northern Illinois recognizes that many of those we serve live not just with mental health conditions, but also face physical health challenges that may place them in a higher risk category regarding the virus.
Through technology, alternative methods of holding some events might be available, please stay tuned for updates on that front. For example, conference call services could be used for support groups.
Out of an abundance of caution, we have decided to cancel the following in person groups/meetings:
- NAMI Connection Groups: 3/15, 3/22, 3/29, 4/5
- NAMI Family Support: 3/16, 3/17, 4/7
- NAMI Parent Support: 3/17, 4/7
- NAMI’s Group Hope Adult Groups: 3/16-4/4
- NAMI’s Group Hope Teen & Young Adult Groups: 3/17, 3/26, 4/4 (MEETINGS WILL BE HELD ONLINE OVER ZOOM)
- Outreach Meeting: 3/17
- Monthly Program: 4/14
The mission of NAMI means our top priority is always the well-being of those we serve. We know that as we make these difficult decisions on how to proceed during this challenging time, we will all be keeping that mission in mind.