Plan and organize major fundraising events.
*EDUCATION TEACHERS (Peers)
Graduates of NAMI Family to Family and NAMI Basics are eligible for training to teach these classes. All training is free.
Assist in creative ways to raise money to support NAMI’S established educational programs and to help in present fund raising activities.
Assist in maintaining awareness of potential legislation (or other governmental action) which would benefit from NAMI involvement. Effort should be focused on worthwhile issues and directing members to find the appropriate legislator.
We are growing and we want you to join our team. There are many ways to help with this team.
- Give several hours and help us in the NAMI office organize promotional materials to distribute in the community.
- Be a part of the distribution team. Choose from a select of sites to bring NAMI materials display.
- Join our health fair team.
- Be a part of our presentation traveling team.
- NAMI In Our Own Voice (IOOV) is a unique public education presentation that unmasks mental illness, using speaker stories to illustrate the individual realities of living with mental illness.
Assist in planning programs and scheduling speakers for Monthly Program Meetings. Monthly meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Stepping Stones at 706 North Main Street. Rockford, IL
Assist in seeing that refreshments will be served at the monthly Program Meetings and at Special Events. Program Meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
*SUPPORT GROUP FACILITATORS (Peers)
Are you a family member of someone with a mental illness, or a peer who is interested in leading a support group? Free training is provided.
*Teachers and support facilitators should be involved in support groups and very helpful to have taken on of our signature courses.
Join NAMI and Volunteer with Us! To sign-up online, click the “Volunteer Sign-Up” link at the top of this page. If you would prefer to mail us a volunteer application, click here to download the form. After you have completed the application, mail it to NAMI Northern Illinois, PO Box 6971, Rockford, IL 61125.
If you’d like more information about the Volunteer Program or have questions, contact us at 815-963-2470.